Thursday, October 31, 2013

musings

A writer posted a long story on his blog. A good story. Traditional. 64 people liked it. I read it twice, first as a reader and then as a critic. I sent a response as a reader.
It got me thinking about my own writing. I am always amazed when I read the critics. I realize that there is wide gap between what I intend and what the readers and the critics get or not get. People ask why Antarvanshi? The answer is imbedded in the text, maybe too subtle. It requires close reading. Also
my writing now includes many layers of what I've read and what I write now. But how to explain? Antarvanshi first appears in Agyeya's (my favorite writer) Yayavar, Rahega yaad?
In my novel, it is contrasted with Surdas's poem of how the gopis ran out, leaving unmilked cows, house, children when they heard Krishna's vanshi. The music of inner flute, when heard is even stronger..

No comments:

Post a Comment